Benefits of IVF that You Must Know!
In-vitro fertilization treatment, popularly known as IVF, is often considered as the last solution for the infertile couples. However, many people do not know that IVF can be the first and a successful option also for the couples who are battling the fertility issues. IVF is a four-step process that includes induction of ovulation, retrieval of the eggs, fertilization of male sperm and female egg and embryo transfer to the mother’s uterus.
Understanding the IVF Procedure
IVF treatment in India requires a constant medical assistance at every step to ensure successful results. Following processes are followed during the treatment:
- The process begins with down regulation where the pituitary-ovarian hormones are shut down with a drug.
- The specialist conducts your certain ultrasound scans and blood tests which help in keeping a track of the ovulation progress.
- For stimulation of ovaries, certain injections are prescribed to you.
- The growth of oocyte will be monitored by series of ultrasound and blood test.
- At the stage when the required growth of oocyte follicles is attained, the doctor will retrieve the eggs.
- Fertilization is performed in the laboratory by using male’s sperm.
- When fertilization is done successfully, embryo is transferred to the mother’s uterus, where it develops naturally.
Advantages of IVF Treatment
Apart from providing a hope of a successful pregnancy, there are various other benefits that IVF treatment offers:
- With the help of IVF, the doctor gets a chance to select the healthiest embryo for its implantation into uterus.
- This is the best solution for the couples who are battling with repeated failure in achieving a pregnancy.
- The treatment is beneficial in the cases where a woman is dealing with premature menopause.
- IVF treatment ensures a high rate of a healthy pregnancy.
- With the help of this procedure, chromosomal absurdity can also be detected.
- It helps in increasing the fertility rate of a woman with fertility issues.
- It is considered as one if the safest method.
- Woman can experience motherhood through IVF even in her old age.
- In IVF treatment, donor sperms or eggs can also be used, which can help an infertile couple to achieve pregnancy. However, due to the donor eggs or sperms, the child will not have DNA of both parents.
- IVF reduces the chances of fallopian tube surgery and can also be opted by the women who have damaged or blocked fallopian tubes or have undergone fallopian tube removal surgery.