Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, also known as PCOS is a disorder that causes enlarged ovaries in which tiny cysts develop on the outer edges. A woman suffering from PCOS faces a great deal of difficulty in conceiving naturally. Treating this syndrome is difficult as the cause is not exactly known.
PCOS and Fertility:
When a woman is suffering from PCOS, her ovaries produce androgens in quite a large amount. It is a male hormone that when produced in excess gives rise to PCOS. The balance of other essential hormones is disturbed and therefore PCOS is the leading cause of infertility among women.
Although a normal pregnancy for women having PCOS might seem like a big challenge, there are certain changes in lifestyle that you can adopt in order to get over this problem and conceive naturally.
- Regulation of weight
Excess fatty tissues tend to resist insulin which, in turn, aids in the production of androgen in an excess amount. So, in order to induce ovulation, it is important to regulate your weight.
- Balanced diet
Losing weight doesn’t mean you have to starve yourself. Consult a dietician to prescribe you a healthy diet chart. Make sure you follow a balanced diet as it plays a crucial role in the regulation of your menstrual cycle.
- Exercise regimen
A proper exercise routine is known to induce ovulation as it aids weight loss and balances the hormones. Consult your physician before beginning a new exercise program and take into account any cardiovascular problems.
Medical Treatment For PCOS
There are certain medications also that might be recommended by your doctor in order to treat PCOS. He might also suggest surgery.
- Clomid: Clomid is an ovulation induction drug that helps to hyper stimulates the ovaries to ovulate in the women who are suffering from PCOS and is mainly used in the initial stage of menstrual cycle.
- Metformin: It is an insulin-sensitizing agent that helps in regulating the glucose level in the blood of a women suffering with PCOS. It is the most common medicine that is prescribed for treating PCOS. Metformin is mainly used in treatment of type 2 diabetes that further helps in weight loss.
- Letrozole: It helps in stimulation of ovaries and is also used in the Breast Cancer Treatment.
- Oral Contraceptive Pills: Combination of estrogen and progestin hormones given through oral contraceptive pills can help in regulating menstruation in women suffering from PCOS. It can also help in reducing problem of excess facial hair growth, acne and abnormal bleeding.
- Surgical Treatment: Laparoscopic Surgery is done to perform ovarian drilling and stimulate ovulation.
To get best and affordable treatment of PCOS in India, visit Rana Fertility Centre.