What to Expect, if you are at High Risk of Pregnancy
You may have numerous concerns if you are pregnant with a high-risk pregnancy and you need to know beforehand whether you need any specific prenatal care or not. All your pregnancy concerns would be answered very efficiently at Rana Infertility Centre which is led by Dr. Vijaydeep Kaur, a gynecologist, and the best IVF doctor.
From conception till post-delivery, you and your baby might be at higher risk of health problems if you have faced high-risk pregnancy. Therefore, during pregnancies, specific monitoring through experts is being required to mitigate the risk associated with pregnancies. It is a must to know for expectant mothers to understand the signs and symptoms of a high-risk pregnancy, as well as the steps to protect themselves and their babies. Here is what, Dr. Vijaydeep Kaur has to share about a high-risk pregnancy and all you need to know for promoting a healthy pregnancy.
Risk Factors associated with a high-risk pregnancy;
- Typically, the pregnancy risk is higher for mothers above the age of 35.
- Your choices in lifestyle such as smoking, consuming alcohol, and using illegal drugs can all endanger a pregnancy.
- Maternal health issues including obesity, thyroid disorder, high blood pressure, diabetes, poorly controlled asthma, and other infections, stimulate the pregnancy risk.
- Various other complications developed during pregnancy such as abnormal placenta position affected fetal growth, etc could potentially pose a threat of pregnancy risk.
- If you have gone through the hypertension disorder or premature delivery in your pregnancy history, you might face the same again. It is recommended to discuss your entire obstetric history with your health care physician.
If you develop any of the following symptoms that point towards high risk of Pregnancy, contact your health care provider:
- Vaginal bleeding including watery vaginal discharge.
- Acute Headaches
- Cramping or lower abdominal pain
- Decreased Fetal activity
- Pain or burning sensation while urinating
- An affected vision such as blurred vision
- Sudden or severe swelling over the face, hands, or fingers
- Increased body temperature
- Excessive feeling of Nausea and vomiting
Many expectant mothers might face ups or downs during their entire pregnancy period. It is important to maintain a positive attitude while you take action to ensure a safe pregnancy. Based on the circumstances you develop, your doctor might recommend specific ultrasounds, Cervical length screening, lab tests or biophysical profile. Consult with Dr. Vijaydeep Kaur from Rana IVF Centre, an expert in handling all pregnancy-related queries and high-risk pregnancies to lead to a healthy pregnancy.