Painkillers or pen relievers are often known as narcotics that are prescribed by doctors to reduce our headaches, sore muscles, arthritis, or any kind of pain in the body. These are pain-relieving drugs that function by interacting with opioid receptors in the cells. The drugs also called analgesics play a significant role in treating pain. Upon reading this blog will get to know why you should say no to pain killers for a healthy pregnancy.
The medication we take has a lot of influence on the body and it can be good or it can hurt our body at the time of pregnancy, women experience the most crucial and precious 9 months of their life. Hence a woman needs to be cautious at this point about the medication they intake. They must ensure that the medication they take does not have adverse effects on the baby.
How can a health specialist can help you to have the perfect knowledge related to medication consumption during pregnancy
If you don’t have proper knowledge related to medication consumption at the time of pregnancy then you must consult a specialist. Women must avoid the consumption of any form of painkiller to conceive a healthy pregnancy. The negative outcome of the painkiller can cause side effects on the woman’s body which can contribute to the risk of severe problems related to the baby’s health.
Some facts about painkillers
Now that you have known about what is a painkiller and how they can affect a woman at the time of pregnancy it’s time to take a look at some of the interesting facts about painkillers
- Ibuprofen is a painkiller and its consumption can reduce the body pain however at the time of pregnancy this painkiller is strictly prohibited even being the most commonly used painkiller.
- Certain painkillers can reduce the sperm production and male fertility if consumed
- The best form of medication for treating any form of mild pain and fever at the time of pregnancy is paracetamol
- There is no need to use any form of medication if you experience minor aches or mild cough
- Before you intake any antidepressants make sure to consult a general practitioner
- Opioids are one of the most popular painkillers that can provide temporary pain relief but it hurts the pregnant mother as well as baby
Hence the blog has discussed the harmful effects of painkillers as well as their side effects and it is always recommended to avoid such kind medication during the 9 months of pregnancy. If painkillers are avoided then the probability of delivering a healthy baby successfully is higher and the women must take a proper diet.