WHAT IS embryo freezing?
At times with In-Vitro Fertilization, there are a number of unused embryo after first cycle of treatment. Many couples choose to freeze the unused embryo to use in the later stages and sometimes donate to be used in treatment for other couples, or for the purpose of training and research.
A female’s chances of conceiving with a thawed embryo are not affected by length of time embryo has been stored, however, not all embryos survive the process of freezing and then thawing when they are to be used.
For whom embryo freezing and storage helps?
Embryo freezing can be considered in patients due to following reasons:
• For patients whose treatment has to be cancelled for some reason (reaction to fertility drugs) so embryos can be preserved for future treatment.
• The patients who are at risk of injury or death (e.g. patients deployed in Armed Forces or deployed to war zone)
• The patients with medical condition affecting their fertility.
• The patient who wish to use the IVF for future.
What are the chances of conception using frozen embryo?
Chances of conception using frozen embryo are less than those compared with conception using a fresh embryo. However, this procedure helps many couples conceive. The chances of becoming pregnant with frozen embryo are not affected by length of time of storage of embryo.
How are donated embryos used?
Donated embryos are used for three purposes:
• For treating infertility of other couples.
• For the purpose of research such as exploring the more in the field of infertility treatments, stem cell studies, etc.
• For training the embryologists to practice techniques like freezing embryo and removal of cells from embryo.
Embryo Freezing at Rana Hospital
We at Rana Fertility Centre offer multitude of solutions for varied types of infertility problems. Our primary objective is to serve the patients with quality care and treatment after understanding their concerns and analysing treatment options. Dr. Vijaydeep Kaur at Rana Hospital is Chief Gynecologist and Infertility Specialist with extensive experience in treating patients from India and abroad. At Rana Hospital, we offer you one-stop solution for all infertility problems.
To seek answers to any queries or to seek a personalized consultation, feel free to get in touch with us at +91-98151-52252 or (+91) 161 4610923
we’ ve built a long standing relationship based on trust