The time for couples to achieve a successful pregnancy differs from one another. While some couples may be successful in making pregnancy within a short period of time, for others, it might take some amount of time. But even after trying for a year, if a couple is not receiving successful pregnancy, then it is necessary to look at the signs of infertility and come up with possible answers. Refer to below section to know about the indicators of infertility in men and women.
Infertility in men
It is reported that 50% of the infertility cases are from men. This is regarded as the common occurrence and many medical problems can be stated to support this. The leading cause of infertility in men is the improper delivery of sperm and abnormal sperm production. Other factors that account to infertility in men are health and lifestyle problems and environmental factors as well as exposure to too much heat.
Low sperm count, also known as Oligospermia, is one of the prime reasons for infertility in male. Even though there is only one sperm that is required to fertilize the egg but the possibility of that single sperm to reach the egg and fertilize is shallow. This is why there is less chance of female to get pregnant. However, with the advancement of technology, treatments and medications are available in the market, which are helpful in treating male infertility due to low sperm count.
Infertility in women
In couples, when a female does not get fruitful results in pregnancy, which is seen in almost 50% of the cases, infertility in women is caused. However, there is no potential reason to trigger the cause of the women infertility, but in the recent past, numerous approaches are taken to treat it. The chances of getting pregnant of women in between the early thirties too late thirties become 50-50. However, when they reach 40 years of age, their ability to give birth to their offspring vanishes.
What can be the possible indicators of infertility in men and women?
- Changes in menstrual cycle like the absence of period, the irregular menstrual cycle is also a possible indicator of infertility
- Women may notice severe acne breakouts, and this indicates that something wrong is going with hormones
- Women may suffer from painful periods which can lead to nausea and vomiting
- Another sign of infertility is weight gain without any reason
- Erectile dysfunction is one of the common symptoms linked with men and is due to hormonal imbalance. It is reported that a quarter of couples suffer from erectile dysfunction resulting in infertility
- Another widespread symptom is a pain in testicles which causes tubular swelling leading to infection or even testicular torsion
- Changes in sexual desire is also a sign of infertility as this is a crucial indicator of hormonal problems
Above are the signs of infertility in couples. In most of the cases, these symptoms are unsolved, but with the improvement in medications, a lot of treatments are now available to diagnose infertility in men and women. Moreover, the development of advanced procedures helps in conceiving and giving birth to a child.